Thursday, August 17, 2006

And So It Is

My annual sabbatical begins today. By the time I arrive back home three weeks from now, I will be a completely different human. My yearly theme has also presented itself: Divine Self-Love. I realized the other day that I have questioned my deservingness of someone amazing. This brought me to the question of why this might be. Well, no answers lie in that field so I then began to ask myself, "What would make me feel more worthy?" And so this journey begins with undulations of self-acknowledgement, self-gratitude, and self-appreciation. It makes so much sense that this focus would offset the imbalance that existst in my life where serving people is concerned. This thing: having the ability to serve others in many ways is markedly the greatest gift I was bestowed in this life time and simultaneously the biggest burden I will carry. I've known this thing for most of my life, though it hasn't been acknowledged for what it is until most recently. I feel like cultivating a reservoir of self-love will balance the ever-shifting life scales that my Libranness so desperately desires to maintain balanced.
I have an inkling that many things are in store for me on this journey, on many levels. For as it appears right now, self-love is a discovery of self, self-acceptance, and self-rejuvination. How could an excursion colored so beautifully be one so rarely taken? I am here to find out. I know that it won't be all above ground for the Shadow Self is very much alive here and has been rearing its head as of recent.
Whatever my journey looks like, I embrace it 100%, love every minute of it, and throw myself right in the middle of it, roll around, rub it in, and come out on the other side a more loving, deep, colorful, grounded, and well-rounded human for I designed this journey and this is what I choose NOW~

1 comment:

Jordan's grandma said...

I'm missing your posts.