Monday, September 18, 2006

Bring it on~

My friend, high vibrational peer, and Qigong instructor set the challenge before me to practice Qigong for 100 consecutive days. I heard the acceptance of the challenge come out of my mouth before I could even think about. My after-thought was, "What are you thinking?! Are you really up for that right now?" But the damage was done and now I have set forth on this path that I can feel is going to completely shift my relationship with myself.
In the meantime, I am struggling a bit with adapting to the default world after existing in a magical space where the fact that anything is possible and light infinitely radiates at any given moment is the norm. Although I missed LA (I can drive aggressively, though kindly, and not be an Asshole) being back in my life has been a series of ups and downs. I left questioning my everything and came back to exactly that. I haven't been in a smooth flow since I've been back. That may be something to do with the fact that we have just ended and begun a 260-day cycle. That happened on Sat./Sun. Sunday morning I left a friend's birthday party right as it was getting light. Since I never drink coffee and I drank it that morning (just to offset the 3 beers and two doughnut holes I consumed, oh my! I was reckless that night!) I bypassed my house and drove to PCH. For no reason at all, I continued to drive up the coast and drink two more cups of coffee (I was out of control that night/day!) I did some healing and realized that I hadn't released everything that occurred for me this last year. I realized the loss of three close relationships, for varied reasons, to people that mean alot to me. Inside I know that means that space is open for other amazing souls who's journeys on this life road are more paralleled to mine but that didn't ease the pain that I was carrying around. I allowed that to come through, almost overtaking me at times, but I felt so light afterward. I cried for those losses. I cried for the planet. I cried for the friends I left at the party that have absolutely beautiful souls but not an ounce of direction. I cried for my addictions. I cried for the collective dis-ease of humanity. I cried for the hopelessness that keeps coming up in my world. And when all of these tears had flown and my gas tank was empty (literally and figuratively), I was ready to sleep. Somewhere inside of all of that, I had a clear picture of all of the clutter that occupies my space. Its senseless, disharmonizing, and easy to change. That is the mission I am on now. As I clear this clutter, I will also be fulfilling this 100-day Qigong challenge and clearing away the spaces in myself and my body that have not been visited in a very long time (or ever) that carry stagnancy as well. A clearing. . . this year of Divine Self-Love is calling for a clearing and yearning for space to be available where I may cultivate this thing that will be a life-long relationship of acknowledging and feeding what my highest self most passionately desires.

No comments: